8.04.2011

How to be a better listener

Given the silence theme of my week, when I came across this TED Talk by sound expert Julian Treasure, I decided to give the video the eight minutes.

I was not disappointed.

Mr. Treasure begins the video with the words, 'We are losing our listening.' I could not agree more. He goes on to talk about the world we around us, how we listen to it, and how to become better listeners.

The first of the five exercises designed to help us listen better is [*spoiler alert*] silence.

Enjoy this, it's well worth the almost eight minutes.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

"We are losing our listening" - that is so true. There seems to be so much noise throughout the day, that I wonder if often I miss what God is trying to reveal to me.

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews