11.06.2008

tired...

tonight, i am tired.

but even though i am going to bed early, i think i will be up for a while, as i have a book waiting for me.

the book? it is a beauty called take this bread, about sara miles, an athiest, lesbian, left-wing journalist who found God through wandering into a church one sunday and taking communion. it seems about as unlikely as anything you could imagine, but i am intrigued by the beauty in that.

i think that too often we feel the need to be God's PR people, trying to get him better press, when, as is illustrated by stories like ms. miles', God doesn't need our help. he only needs us to love him to the distraction of our lives.

what are you reading?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Day Christ was Born by Jim Bishop

Anonymous said...

I just finished “The Story of the Trapp Family Singers” by Maria Trapp. Yep, the Sound of Music family. And

I just finished “Abraham Lincoln, a Man of Faith and Courage” by Joe Wheeler.

Right now I am reading “Breaking the Power of Evil” by Rick Joyner

-Wes

Anonymous said...

The question is, what am I not reading?? You've created another reading monster! :)

Beuchner's "Listening to Your Life", Cloud & Townsend's "Safe People", Francis Chan's "Crazy Love", and Batterson's "Wild Goose Chase".

-Michelle

Anonymous said...

I'm reading "Come Thirsty" by Max Lucado
~ Tiff

alicia said...

I just finished "Wild Goose Chase" by Mark Batterson and I'll soon be starting "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan, I can't say that I'm looking forward...I hear it's a butt-kicker. I started Jane Austen's "Persuasion" recently I'm hoping to start another Cecilia Ahern in the not-too-distant future! Did you know that there is a movie version of "If You Could See Me Now" in production?

Bre. said...

I am in the middle of reading :

1.'Sex and the city uncovered: Exposing the emptiness and healing the hurt'
It's a really good book that talks about the Sex & the City lifestyle and the reasons behind it. It's really interesting and eye-opening.

2.'Transparent: Getting Honest about who we are and who we want to be'
It's about discovering the difference between who we are as women and who people expect us to be.

3. The Blue Blood series
This one's for fun... It's about an elite club of vampires who pretty much run all of Manhattan.

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews