2.18.2008

friends

days until i leave for kiev: 25
days until i am in paris: 40
listening: allison crowe's 'secrets'

ah, the first 'family day' in ontario...such peace, such quiet. i've already finished two books today, and am looking forward to getting started on another. perhaps in my world i shall call today 'reading day'. much better suited.

i have long looked at my books as friends...friends who have challenged me, made me laugh or cry, exposed and made me move beyond the selfish comfort that i too often seek. mark twain once wrote, "books are for people who wish they were somewhere else”." i think that this is a pretty accurate assessment of me! paul sweeney also proved he understands when he wrote, "you know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.”

and sad as it is, at least you can always go back and visit that friend again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews