7.24.2009

running through jello

there are exactly 34 hours until my friend barb picks me up to take me to the airport. usually by this point, i have done at least two packing trials, worked long and hard enough at work to only have one or two projects left for my last day, and have the next 33 hours carefully planned out.

this time? not so much.

this has been a week when life seems to feel much like attempting to run through jello. the harder i try to get things accomplished, the more things keep popping up that have to be taken care of before i can go. today's to-do list is almost a full page long, as unfinished items from every other day this week have jumped to it... giving today, if everything got accomplished, an opportunity to be supremely epic.

but to be honest, i don't want an epic day. on my last day before i leave, i want laugh with my coworkers. i want to work hard and be able to close my office door knowing everything is finished and i did it all to the best of my ability. i want to have coffee with a friend at starbucks. i would love to have the time to find my camera's battery charger so the camera can come with me! in short, i just want a normal day.

so, in honor of my desire for a normal day, i will turn to somene whose words never fail to move me, inspiring me to live better...
listen to your life. see it for the fathomless mystery that it is. in the boredom and pain of it no less than in the excitement and gladness: touch, taste, smell your way to the holy and hidden heart of it because in the last analysis, all moments are key moments, and life itself is grace. {F. Buechner}
all moments are key moments. my challenge today is to remember this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews