8.14.2009

grateful

last night around 9 pm, i was so supremely tired, i decided that i would pack it all in, and read in bed for a while before sleep won. but, as i did just that, something unexpected happened.

as laid down in my bed, all fresh and clean from wednesday's laundry extravaganza, i was filled with gratefulness for the fact that i have a bed at all, not to mention one that is as comfortable and beautiful as the one in my home. i was simply overwhelmed by how blessed i am just because of this one thing, not to mention the thousands of other blessings that are strewn throughout my life.

i don't know about you, but when i think about being thankful, i usually stick to the big things: family, friends, God's grace, a job i love, etc. but for some reason, it has never occured to me to be thankful simply because i have a bed. {that being said, in the past, after a two-week missions trip where i have slept on what could only really be called a cot, i have been VERY thankful ... but this is different.}

what are you grateful for?

what is it in your life today that you may have taken for granted, that you now see as the gift that it is?

2 comments:

B. said...

so true! i was thinking about this the other day too. there's so much i take for granted because i don't consider it to be one of the "big" things.

today, i'm super grateful for my family. sometimes i write them off as "the people who're just always there for me." but it occurs to me that they're ALWAYS there for me! and that's amazing!

great post!

Anonymous said...

I am grateful for life’s wonderful adventure. No matter what happens our Maker of Adventures travels with us and I love all of His family, like you, that I meet along the way.

Love,

Sue

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews