8.06.2009

well

i have had some weighty things on my mind lately. some situations beyond my control that could rearrange the backyard-- if not the whole landscape-- of my life. and while i have chosen not to worry about these things, their heavy presence is my constant companion these days.

yesterday i found some relief in these words of Julian of Norwich:
Ah, good Lord, how could all things be well, because of the great
harm which has come through sin to your creatures?

This was God's response to her:
And so our good Lord answered
all the questions and doubts which I could raise,
saying most comfortingly:
I make all things well,
and I can make all things well,
and I shall make all things well,
and I will make all things well;
and you will see for yourself
that every kind of thing will be well.
...And in these words God wishes us
to be enclosed in rest and peace.
it is a great relief to remember that it is not my job to fix everything.

it is my job to trust he who can make all things well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews